A model, Holistic Health Coach, and wellness blogger, I came across Brooke Meredith through my fave social media platform Instagram. Long ago, I was drooling over her images, but over the last 6 months have learnt we have a mutual and dear friend in Sarah Holloway (of Matcha Maiden fame). When I learnt that Brooke would be attending our Friday Flow event in Melbourne, I was stoked. A chance to meet this uber-talented babe in 'real life'.
1. HOW DID YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING A MODEL + WELLNESS COACH BEGIN?
It’s been quite a journey, that’s for sure. I’m a country girl who left home at 18 to move to Melbourne to pursue my passion of graphic design. While attending design school, I tried my hand at modeling to help pay the bills and was lucky enough to be picked up by one of Melbourne’s top agencies. I worked with amazing clients, had modeling contracts overseas and travelled doing the very thing I loved.
Fresh out of Uni I scored a job as a full time designer and whilst I will be forever grateful for the opportunities this opened up for me, my heart wasn’t in it. A long overseas modeling contract came up and I took this time to travel, work hard, and work out where my true passions lay.
Having gone through a host of digestive issues, food intolerances and body issues, I found my spare time consumed in research, watching documentaries on health and nutrition and reading up on everything possible, leading to the realization that this was my true calling. So back to study I went ... and you can guess the rest. Here I am today as a certified holistic wellness coach.
2. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
People who are living their dream, work hard for what they want and are go-getters are truly the most inspiring to me. I’m a firm believer in making your own magic, so when I see people working hard towards their dreams it helps keep me on track and reassures me that I too, with the right attitude, can achieve anything.
3. YOUR DAY ON A PLATE?
On an average day I would have -
Breakfast: Breakfast salad of 2 poached eggs, kale, broccolini with avocado and almonds. 1 long black coffee.
Snack: Natural greek yoghurt with a scoop of vegan protein powder mixed in, usually some super foods sprinkled and blueberries and nuts for some crunch.
Lunch: Lean protein and a fresh salad, or if I’m out I buy rice paper rolls or sashimi and a seaweed salad.
Snack: Super food smoothie
Dinner: Always involves some protein and vegetables - for example my Chicken Zucchini Pesto Pasta, or salmon and roast vegetables.
4: FAVOURITE WAY TO GET MOVING?
I love to box with my trainer Ruan from Fite Training. I’m also loving Hot Pilates at the moment which is a killer core workout that leaves you dripping with sweat.
5. THREE THINGS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
- My Family.
- My diary – I’d be lost and never show up to anything.
- Chocolate! Homemade of course 😉
6. YOUR SECRET VICE
Chocolate for sure!
7. TOP SONGS ON YOUR PLAYLIST
Gold – Kiiara
Bridges – Broods
Kamikaze – MØ
8. YOUR MANTRA
"May my heart be kind, my mind fierce, and my spirit brave."
This reminds me to work hard, stay humble and to not be afraid to go after what you want in life.
9. Your top 3 accounts to follow on Instagram:
10. LAST THING YOU GOOGLED
“Cosy Tents, Daylesford” haha.. This could have been embarrassing.
FINALLY. . . YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE
BAKED CINNAMON DONUTS
- 1 + 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
Cinnamon sugar ingredients
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare you donut tin by spraying it coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, place the almond meal, arrowroot flour, bicarb soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, rice malt syrup, maple syrup and softend coconut oil together until runny.
- Transfer the wet mixture into the dry and whisk by hand until mixture is well combined and resembles a cake mixture.
- Transfer mixture to donut tray and bake for 6-8 minutes. They cook extremely quickly to keep watch.
- Remove from oven and lay on a baking tray to cook. Roll them in your coconut sugar mixture and enjoy.
*Best eaten with in 2-3 days. *Heat them in the microwave them roll them in the cinnamon sugar to get that warm cinnamon donut affect.