Having a steak and veggies at a barbeque with friends just screams summer to me. We’ve just jazzed it up a bit, with the smokiness of the charred corn and sweet hit from the capsicum puree. What’s not to love.
- 300g Australian rump steak
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 small avocado
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat. Set the steak on a wooden chopping board and drizzle over a little olive oil, then salt and pepper both sides well.
- Prepare the sauce by roughly chopping 1 of the capsicums into cubes and placing in a saucepan with 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes until tender, then drain and transfer to a food processor / blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tsp fish sauce.
- Add the steak to the hot pan, cooking for 3 minutes on each side (or until cooked to your liking).
- Remove steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes whilst you prep the salad.
- Slice the second bell pepper into strips and add that, along with the corn and 1 tbsp olive oil back into the same hot pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until corn is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the avocado.
- Plate the chargrilled corn, capsicum and avocado.
- Cut the beef diagonally into slices and place on top.
- Drizzle over capsicum puree, add a touch more pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.