When you need a frosty treat, there’s nothing guilty about this dessert. It’s hydrating (thanks to the sneaky cucumber), packed with potassium AND tastes delish. You can make it choc-chip by stirring in cacao nibs too, if you’re partial to cookie dough ice-cream (who isn’t?!). Spirulina is a rich vegetable protein, and is used widely to boost the immune system thanks to its plethora of vitamins and minerals. It is also said to detox the body of heavy metals – now that’s one hard-working dessert!
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 tbsp dairy or non-dairy yoghurt
- 30g vanilla pea protein (optional)
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp granola
- 1 tbsp blueberries
- Add the banana, cucumber, yoghurt, protein (if using), spirulina, lime juice and mint into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and thick.
- Serve with granola and blueberries, then devour.
Looks and sounds very yummy. Would try making this.