For those days when you need a cookie with your cup of tea/coffee. The perfect combination of vanilla and coconut to satisfy all of those sweet cravings.
SERVES: Makes 12 cookies
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup coconut milk powder
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl, stir together the oats, quinoa, coconut milk powder, coconut and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla.
- Stir in the wet mix into the dry.
- Divide cookie mix between 12 silicone muffin holes and press down with the pack of a tablespoon.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Tip: coconut milk powder can be found online or at most health food and speciality stores.