I rarely lust over gadgets for the kitchen. I feel like I’ve tried them all and always revert back to doing things by hand – probably just because I love the process of making things myself from scratch.
In saying that, there’s not much more important in a bloggers kitchen than a good oven and a reliable fridge. You need something to cook your food to perfection, and something to keep it super fresh.
I have to confess I’m absolutely in love with the new Mitsubishi Electric Range of fridges. Now this is isn’t just any fridge that you’re used to using – it has incredible functions that have left me wondering how I’m ever going to like my own fridge again. It’s now officially on my list of to-buy for The Fit Foodie HQ.
Okay Sal, so whats so good about a fridge!?
So glad you asked, lovely one:
- It has a special light that stops your greens and herbs from wilting
- Soft freeze function – so you can cook your mince from frozen straight in the pan!
- Hot freezing – so you don’t have to wait for food to cool on the kitchen bench before you pop it in the freezer. Seriously.
- ‘Supercool’ chilling compartment to keep your veggies fresh for longer – so we can reduce food waster and save on grocery shops!
Did you know that the average Australian family household wastes $76.4 million in uneaten food per week? PER WEEK.
The Mitsubishi Home Report 2018 was conducted to see what our concerns are, how Aussies use their homes, and what we hope the future will bring to support our lifestyles. They basically researched our pain points and designed a whole new range of fridges around that to solve our probs. Our main concerns were the cost of energy and food wastage. Too clever.
Not only is it upsetting for the environment, but we’re burning holes in our pockets – literally throwing money in the trash. This nifty range of fridges helps to combat that, by keeping your goodies tastier for longer so you don’t need to throw them out. YAY for less landfill AND money in the bank. Now Additionally, one in four of us are replacing their appliances with items that are more energy-efficient, like these ones.
Not only that, these fridges have all the usual features of a top-tech fridge: with drawers (that roll out so smoothly) and shelves that retract so you can put in your tallest bottles of almond milk with ease without juggling around half the fridge. First world problems they may be, but that’s just a stroke of genius. ANYTHING that makes life that little bit easier while you focus on the hard stuff is a win in my eyes.
If someone wants to send the sexy white glass one my way to fit in my lovely white kitchen (that I can’t keep clean) that would be awesome. Please. Thank you.
For more info visit www.mitsubishielectric.com.au
Editors note: This post is sponsored by Mitsubishi. I only ever recommend products and services that I have genuinely fallen in love with. All opinions and images are mine, baby. Thank you for supporting the businesses that make The Fit Foodie Blog possible.
- The one thing I’m scared to share with you. - March 20, 2018
- The magic mineral! Why you need to supplement with magnesium - March 14, 2018
- 1 Indian Recipe, Two Ways – WAY Healthier Than a Takeout! - March 10, 2018
- 5 ways to be more productive - March 2, 2018
- How to prepare for taking time away from your business - March 2, 2018