One of the simplest healthy swaps I made when moving to a wholefoods diet was swapping processed, store-bought chocolate to raw. Made with just 3 ingredients – raw cacao, coconut butter or oil and your sweetener of choice. This is my pimped version using lots of nutritious goodies to get your raw tastebuds watering!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp organic matcha powder (I use Matcha Maiden)
- 6-10 drops liquid stevia or 1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- In a bowl over a pan of warm water*, melt the coconut oil and cacao butter together.
- Add in the tahini, vanilla, salt and matcha, then mix until smooth.
- Pour 3/4 of the green liquid onto a dinner plate lined with baking paper.
- Into the remaining matcha liquid, add the cacao powder and mix well, then using a teaspoon, drizzle over the matcha liquid.
- Crush over the frozen raspberries and place the plate in the freezer for 1 hour or until solid.
- Break into shards and enjoy.
*To keep food truly ‘raw’, do not heat above 47 degrees.