My first thought when it comes to brownies is they are a SUPER RICH and delicious treat. These are no exception. The almond meal makes them delightfully fudgy but also packs in healthy fat, fibre and a dose of protein.
SERVES: Makes 12
- 1 cup peanut butter, plus 2 tbsp (reserved)
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients apart from the reserved peanut butter.
- Pour batter into the lined pan and spread out with a spatula.
- Dollop over the remaining nut butter.
- Drag a knife through the dollops and around the rest of the batter to create a swirl effect.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top looks a little crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing and slicing into squares