This Asian beef salad is light enough to have for lunch and hearty enough to have for dinner. Whether you are going for a satay feel with the peanuts or using cashews this is a delicious dish all around. Plus the dressing isn’t full of sugar which is a win.
- 300g Australia beef mince or strips
- 1 bag Asian salad mix
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts or cashews
- 1 tbsp ponzu or soy sauce
- dry chilli, garlic and ginger powder
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- Fresh Coriander
- Lightly toast the nuts in a dry frying pan until golden, then crush in a pestle and mortar and set aside.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame oil into a frying pan on medium-high heat, and add the beef, breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in 1/2 tsp each of dry chilli, garlic and ginger powder from your spice rack whilst stirring.
- Stir-fry for 5-8 minutes to brown and crisp.
- Mix together the remaining sesame oil with 1 tbsp ponzu or soy and a squeeze of lime.
- Load up your plate with salad, then sprinkle over crispy beef, spring onions and crushed nuts.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional), pour over the dressing, and serve with a wedge of lime.