By the time Christmas rolls around in Australia it is 35 degrees and the traditional dishes in Europe are out of the question. Enter Christmas in July where you can enjoy all of the delicious Christmas foods without suffering heat exhaustion. Trifle is always a Christmas favourite. Some of the weird biscuit bases my mum used were pretty questionable, so I’ve skipped those, and the booze, to create a delicious dairy-free alternative that everyone can enjoy (including the kids).
- 2 packets silken tofu
- 3 tsp peppermint essence
- 3 tbsp granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Micro Mint
- Cacao nibs
- Edible flowers
- Start by blending the peppermint layer ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- Rinse the blender and blend together the cacao layer ingredients until smooth.
- In 4 jars spoon in alternate layers of the peppermint and cacao mixtures, finishing with berries, mint, cacao nibs and flowers, if you’re feeling fancy.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before devouring!