'A few of the many benefits of eating raw food are waking up feeling refreshed, having more energy and your skin looking vibrant. Simply put, foods that come from the sun are ones your body recognizes what to do with, and darkness foods are hard for your body to understand. Darkness “foods” are made or processed by man, generally come in a packet, and anything living that was once contained in it is long gone or subject to high temperatures. Including more raw foods in your diet involves those foods that are living and contain all of their natural nutrients and enzymes.'
- Raw Living Academy
The Raw Living Academy will be presenting a Raw Dessert Masterclass at the Conscious Living Expo Saturday 22nd August.
One of the signature dishes at Raw Living Academy is this Apple Bircher Parfait. It has 3 parts to it, but it's a very wow-factor raw food dish that could be breakfast or dessert...
Apple Bircher Parfait:
Layer in each of the following in a glass:
- 2 tbsp Apple Bircher (recipe below)
- 2 tsp Rosehip Jam (recipe below)
- Few slices of fresh fruit, e.g. 5 slices Banana
- 2 tbsp Coconut Yoghurt (recipe below)
- Then Apple Bircher again, Jam, etc.... finishing with fruit on top
- Fruit in contrasting colour and an edible flower
- 2 apples, deseeded, chopped roughly
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sultanas, soaked
- 4 tbsp activated buckinis
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
Place apple in a food processor and blend with ‘S’ blade for 1 minute, remember not to over blend it.
Remove the apple and transfer to a bowl. Add rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 1 cup Rosehip Granules, soaked
- 2/3 cup Dates, soaked
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- zest of 1/2 Orange
- 3/4 cup water or Orange juice, only as needed
Place all ingredients in a blender and combine with enough water to get in moving using the tamper. You’re aiming for it to still be sticky like jam, not a sauce.
- Flesh of 2 Young Coconuts
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked
- juice 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Probiotic Powder
- 1-2 cups lukewarm Water, as needed
- Optional - Vanilla, or Low GI Sweetener
Place the Cashews, Coconut flesh and Lemon juice in high speed blender with 1/2 cup water. Blend together using the tamper, and adding more water as you need during processing to achieve a very creamy consistency. Stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula when you need to. Lastly add the probiotic powder and pulse 3-4 times to mix it in. Leave out for 30 mins - 1hour or longer if you’re after the tart yoghurt flavour. Then serve and eat.
Will keep for about 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container or glass jar.