Whether you spend hours wanderlusting over slick travel blogs, or just scrolling through your Instagram of beautiful scenery and beaches, you’ll know that travel blogging is the dream job. Not only do they get to see some amazing cultural variation, but they also get to savour the culinary delights, local experiences, people, and more.
While it can be a little sad scrolling through all this from behind a screen on your couch or at the office, you don’t need pockets as deep as the ocean to join them – and you don’t need over a million social media followers either.
EXPLORE AUSTRALIA FOR FREE
Want to follow in their footsteps? Now you can with American Express. Explore the amazing sites of Australia – I have the American Express Platinum Edge Card, which gives me a complimentary domestic return flight each year to lots of convenient domestic locations which is great for the weekend getaway!
Ever wanted to have dinner under the stars at Ayres Rock? Go diving in the Great Barrier Reef? Or explore the rugged wilderness of Tasmania? There are so many amazing things to see and do within Australia – you’ll feel a million miles from home, and it’s just an internal flight away. Australia’s landscape is so diverse – it will take me years and years to explore – and I personally can’t wait to use my free yearly flight to do just that…
If you’ve already used your complimentary flight, don’t worry, American Express are currently running a competition giving Card Members the opportunity to win one million points… this could help you tick a few places off your bucket list!
Other amazing benefits:
As an American Express member, there are some super-cool benefits that you can swag when travelling around. My faves are:
- Smartphone screen protection – perfect for when you’re taking lots of photos on your travels, offered to all Essential Members.
- Airport lounge access on selected cards – so you can relax in style and comfort before boarding your complimentary flight.
- Free travel insurance – because who wants to pay for that when you need a new pair of holiday sandals instead?! Safety first, Fitties.
- Need some wheels? Use your American Express Membership Rewards points for car rental at your chosen destination.
- If you’re a foodie like me, American Express has partnerships with amazing restaurants across Australia with special offers for Card Members too! Head to Taste from American Express Invites to find out more.
Need some #travelinspo? Head to American Express Travel Online to help find the perfect place to rest your head. There’s also peace of mind when booking your trip with their Refund + Purchase Protection – no need to worry about card fraudsters.
Get to your dream destination faster by boosting your points balance in 3 super-simple ways if you have the Platinum Edge Card:
- Earn 3 points per every $1 spend on groceries at major Aussie supermarkets. Perfect for foodies!
- Get two points for every $1 spend on petrol too – so you can clock up Membership Rewards while you drive around.
- Refer a friend. Win massive brownie points (plus a travel companion) by spreading the love with your bestie. You’ll receive 10,000 Membership Rewards points for each friend approved for a Card using your referral link. Not only that, they will receive 15,000 Membership Rewards points if they are approved for the American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card and spend $550 in their first 2 months of Card Membership. So now you BOTH get points to use together!
For your chance to win a million American Express rewards points, enter here – make sure you take lots of pics!
*Editor’s Note: This article is proudly sponsored by American Express. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Fit Foodie Blog possible. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
- Taline Gabriel shares her Instagram Secrets! - April 3, 2017
- What a balanced diet really looks like - March 30, 2017
- Inside the grocery basket of a health food blogger - March 22, 2017
- How sleep deprivation is affecting your life + how to fix it - March 21, 2017
- What the Health Star Rating really means for grocery shoppers - March 6, 2017