It’s well-known that good things come in small packages. These are no exception – these little bites of bliss taste like fudgey caramel snicker bars. Packed with protein and low GI carbs, they’ll ward off hunger until your next meal. They’re also conveniently portable – so stash some in your desk drawer in the office for that 3pm snack attack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut nectar / raw honey / maple syrup
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa seeds
- ½ cup sultanas or goji berries
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Add honey and peanut butter (room temp is best).
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Note: Mixture will be very stiff to begin with – work those triceps! Finished product should be a little crumbly but still hold together. Add more honey if too dry, or more oats if too sticky.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 mins, then roll into bite-size balls.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Substitute honey for stevia drops if you’re wanting a lower-sugar version.
Cover in a mix of raw chocolate then sprinkle with nuts for a party-ready cake pop!