I love to start my day with a cup of matcha green tea. Giving you a morning boost with the rollercoaster of coffee, its an awesome way to get your energy and concentration levels up. Being a little bit obsessed with all matcha-related things, I whipped up these delish greenola these bars – a great morning or 3pm pick-me-up!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free, as needed)
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup granulated stevia (or additional rice malt)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Preheat the open to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, matcha and salt together.
- Add the rice malt syrup, stevia (if using) and coconut oil, then mix well.
- Press the sticky mix into a small oven-proof dish lined with baking paper.
- Press the mix down with the back of a spoon and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Top tip: Smash this up after cooling for delicious Matcha Granola! Just store it in an airtight jar for up to 3 weeks and use to top your next Acai Energy Bowl and more!