You can’t get a more classic dessert than the banana split with chocolate ice cream. And whilst this version doesn’t have copious amounts of chocolate sauce and whipped cream, it’s still a perfect dish to share amongst friends. Or just by yourself.
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 scoops chocolate coconut milk ice-cream
- 2 tsps desiccated coconut
- Heat the grill on high.
- Slice the bananas lengthways, leaving the skins on.
- Lay onto a baking tray skin side down, and sprinkle the banana with the coconut sugar.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the sugar caramelises on top.
- Serve with coconut milk ice-cream, top with coconut and devour.