Salt + caramel. Is there anything better? Actually, yes. A healthy version. This is one of my go-to breakfasts after an intense morning workout. It helps to replenish protein and glycogen stores and build lean muscle (which in turn burns calories – yay!). The Maca is gives the dish a toffee flavour, and works to alleviate anxiety and stress in the body. It’s also high in iron and is great for boosting energy – much needed on a Monday morning. Whip it up in under 2 minutes for a delicious dessert too.
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 Medjool date or 1 tsp stevia (such as Natvia)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 Vanilla & Coconut Protein Balls, chopped (optional)
- Into a blender, add the frozen banana, milk, pitted date or stevia, maca powder and protein (if using).
- Blend until smooth, then add the salt and blend quickly again.
- Serve in a bowl and top with your favourites!
Tip: Remove the skin of the banana and add to a ziplock bag before freezing.