If your patient enough to soak these oats in milk the night before, that 5 minutes of prep makes this recipe incredibly creamy. As a sufferer of anaemia, I love to add molasses as a sweetener because it provides a dose of iron. Aside from that, it’s reminiscent of gingerbread cookies, which needs no further explanation! So, good.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses, or local honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the milk, oats, cinnamon and nut butter in the blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Gently heat on the stove and add the molasses, ginger, vanilla and salt to taste, stirring well.
- Pour into a coffee mug and drink warm.