This warm salad is perfect for cooler evenings. A perfect mix of complex carbs, protein and fats to keep you satisfied and happy long after meal time. Sweet, crunchy, and delicious, this dish is also full off essential vitamins and minerals. Tuck in!
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 peppers / capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 head broccoli
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup snow peas / mange tout
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Place chicken in oven on baking sheet for 18-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes and peppers to a baking dish, and drizzle over balsamic vinegar, tossing to coat.
- Roast tomatoes and peppers in oven for 15 minutes.
- Steam greens for 5 minutes.
- Toast pepitas and pine nuts in a hot, dry pan for a few minutes until just browned.
- When cooked, remove chicken from oven and slice into strips (watch those fingers!).
- Layer all ingredients in a bowl with rice, then drizzle with the remaining balsamic juices and olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
Replace brown rice with quinoa or lentils if you prefer.
Vegetarian option: omit chicken and top with a soft-boiled egg.