The health world is currently green with envy over matcha powder. Shots of the drink were the “it beverage” at New York Fashion Week, and now even dedicated coffee lovers are ditching their morning cup in favour of this earthy tea. Green tea leaves are ground to a powder, meaning you ingest the tea leaves – giving you 137 x more antioxidants than traditional green tea. It’s also know as a mental booster and helps improve stamina. Sounds awesome right? It’s even better in ice-cream. Just sayin’….
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2/3 cup coconut cream*
- 2-3 tsp rice malt syrup / maple syrup / honey or 8 drops liquid stevia
* For a lighter option use light coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk.
This recipe was originally written (by me!) for Australia Natural Health Magazine and published in their November 2015 Edition.
- Add coconut cream, matcha powder and sweetener of choice to bowl or blender and whisk or blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly between popsicle molds.
- Pop in the freezer to set briefly, before add the popsicle sticks (they should be able to stand upright).
- Leave to fully freeze for a few hours until completely set.
- Remove from moulds, garnish, then enjoy!