This take on a traditional rice pudding makes a fantastic dessert, but works just as well for breakfast too. Who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast?! We live like kings.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (white look pretty!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond (or other) milk
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to refrigerator for 30 minutes until chilled.
- Top with additional cinnamon as desired.
This pudding is thick, almost like a mousse. If you want it a little thinner, add some extra milk.
Add more sweetener or a little extra natural vanilla extract if you have a sweet tooth.
Can I not use chia seeds
What would you be using in place of them Katie? The chia seeds are important in the recipe to create the pudding effect.