My healthy take on this Tex-Mex favourite, this burrito won’t leave you feeling weighed down. Traditionally loaded with refried beans, rice, cheese and sour cream, for some they can be difficult to digest leaving you feeling sluggish. Next time you’re craving Mexican, make this your go-to for an option your tastebuds and tummy will love.
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 250g sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/ red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup kidney or black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large wholemeal tortilla wrap
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt flakes (to taste)
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a high heat
- Add the steak and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning a few times.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest.
- In the same pan (no need to clean), add the capsicum, onion, garlic, tomatoes, herbs and paprika, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the steak into thin strips and add back to the pan, tossing a few times to mix well.
- Add the beans to cook for another minute, then pile the mixture onto the tortilla.
- Season the mixture and squeeze over lime. Roll up and enjoy!
This appetizing recipe
Delicious!! That’s all I have to say, this is the perfect burrito recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much D! So glad you enjoyed it 🙂 x