Chicken is an amazing protein. It will keep you full for hours because it is digested slowly, and it’s one of the leanest meats available. Shake your lunch times up with some quick and easy spicy chicken burgers.
- 500g free-range chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder OR two fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Natvia (stevia) or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce of choice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 170°.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients (apart from tomato and lettuce) and squeeze mixture through your hands until well combined.
- Wash hands, and leave damp.
- Split mixture into 8 balls and mould into burger patties.
- Place on a foil-lined baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve burgers stacked with slices of tomato on a bed of lettuce.
These taste great cold too! Save leftovers in the fridge for quick, healthy snack later in the week.