This is a fantastic way to start your weekend. I love this on a Sunday morning after an early cardio session – full of protein with a hint of sweet and spice, this bowl of sunshine is sure to please.
- 1 heaped tablespoon natural vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chia seeds and red currants to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients apart from garnish.
- Blend on high until a thick ‘porridge’ forms.
- Taste, checking for preferred level of sweetness and spice. Add more spice and a little stevia or additional vanilla protein as desired, then re-blend.
- Pour into bowl, sprinkle with chia seeds and top with red currants. Enjoy!
This can be served warm for a hearty winter breakfast by pouring mix into a pan over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes.
Made too much? Add additional almond milk to the leftover mix and stir well = one super-tasty protein shake for later!