Sometimes we all just need a quick lunch. I would love to profess that I slave over a hot stove creating all manner of wonderful new and healthy treats for you, but then you would need to do the same to recreate them. Sounds like hard work right? So lets keep it simple…add 3 ingredients to a blender, serve in a bowl. Voila! Healthy in a snap.
- 1 cup steamed pumpkin
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tsp fresh or dried herbs
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- Heat the stock in a saucepan (if required).
- Blend together the pumpkin, stock and herbs.
- Serve between two bowls, topped with fresh rocket.
If you’re hungry or have been working out, make this a complete meal by adding a side of protein such as tuna, boiled eggs or strips of grilled chicken.