I could eat Greek food all day, every day, no problem. It’s usually super healthy, fresh and flavourful. With this green twist on tzatziki packed with antioxidant herbs, don’t even get me started. Chicken breast is of course a lean, high quality protein to help build muscle, but being a low-carb recipe to boot, this is a great dish for when you’re looking to lean-down too. On your table in under 20 minutes, it’s also perfect for busy weeknights – it’s on rotation in The Fit Foodie household at least once a week.
- 4 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 small chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 small red pepper (capsicum)
- 1 small yellow pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 red onion
Green Goddess Tzatziki
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp capers, diced
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- Cut the chicken breast (scissors make it easy) into 2 inch cubes.
- Slice the peppers to a similar square size and the onion into small wedges.
- Begin to thread the chicken onto the skewers, layering in peppers, and onion between each piece.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and place skewers on a pre-heated grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Make the tzatziki by blending all the ingredients (apart from the cucumber) until smooth.
- Add the dip into a ramekin and fold through the cucumber.
- Serve the skewers warm with your homemade goddess dressing and a fresh side salad.