This savoury porridge is a delicious winter warmer recipe, made by cooking quick oats in vegetable stock (trust me) then topping with avocado, a boiled egg and seeds. Hungry?? Go bacon, tomato, feta – whereever your heart takes you. Done in ten.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 poached eggs
- 1 avocado
- Salt + pepper
- Add the oats to a pan over a medium heat and pour in the vegetable stock. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the porridge is thick and creamy.
- Divide between two bowls.
- Slice the avocado and add to the bowl, along with a softly poached / boiled egg.
- Drizzle over tahini and season to taste.