A twist on the classic barbecue dessert, this one is spiked with that amazing salty-sweet combo with the introduction of tamari almonds (YUM!) and a pinch ops sea salt, complimented by deliciously sweet maple syrup.
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 block 85% dark chocolate (use a dairy-free / vegan brand as required)
- 1/3 cup tamari almonds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals (garnish)
- Sea Salt
- Lay the banana on a tray and score with a knife, cutting 3/4 of the way through the flesh, but not all the way through.
- Stuff the cavity with squares of chocolate and then wrap the bananas individually in tinfoil.
- Add to a hot grill for 8-10 minutes until the chocolate has melted, then remove.
- Top with chopped tamari almonds, maple syrup and sea salt, then garnish with rose petals.