I know I’m healthy and all that, but I do have a tendency to add salt to just about everything. I’m cool with it, because I don’t have any pre-packaged foods that are secretly loaded with it.
Salt is actually a nice addition to food if you opt for a good-quality version (I love himalayan) and stay away from the gross iodised table salt my mum used to ply me with. It is packed with trace minerals that can help maintain a healthy stomach pH. It’s also important to replenish the salts lost through exercise (ever seen those white marks on your favourite black crop-top?). Granted, excessive amounts of salt in your diet won’t be all that great for your bod, but this super tasty bowl has just a pinch, and is super post-workout to replenish and revive.
Aside from the science, this is one delicious bowl. Sweet, silky and satisfying – it would make an awesome breakfast or even dessert.
For the bowl:
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp each maca and mesquite powder
- 1/2 tbsp maple or yacon syrup (optional – for a sweeter bowl)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp peanut flour*
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 fresh fig, quartered
- 3 squares Loving Earth Lemon Caramel Chocolate (or high-quality chocolate of choice)
- 1 tsp Bee Pollen (optional – not vegan)
- 1 tbsp granola of choice
*If you don’t have peanut flour, sub your favourite nut butter, then heat gently and mix with 1/2 tbsp Loving Earth coconut oil and the same of Loving Earth Cacao Powder to make the chocolate sauce.
Make this nut-free by subbing the cashews with 1 1/2 tbsp tahini, and drizzle with you’re favourite melted chocolate bar instead of the chocolate drizzle.
- Place all the bowl ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- In a small jug, mix together the chocolate sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Add toppings, drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy immediately.
Great recipe, thanks for it : )! I am gonna try it today
This looks absolutely amazing!!!! I cannot wait to try this tomorrow morning. Thank you for Sharing
Wow – I’ve never been a fan of Acai Bowls but this looks like a total game changer for the ‘bowl’ craze! Thanks for posting!
So creative I love it! Nice change from smoothie bowls, i noticed your post on black bean crust pizza too which is so nice after endless posts of cauliflower crusts, can’t wait to try them.