No, you can’t have my last Rolo. These are just too damn good.
SERVES: 20 rolos
INGREDIENTS:For the caramel
- 10 large Medjool dates
- ½ tablespoon natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
For the chocolate
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 5 drops liquid stevia (or ½ tablespoon maple syrup / raw honey / coconut nectar)
- In a food processor, blend the dates and nut butter until smooth.
- Refrigerate caramel for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate by melting the coconut oil and stirring in the cacao powder with sweetener.
- Remove caramel from fridge and roll into 20 little balls with wet hands.
- Coat each ball in a little of the chocolate mix and place on a pre-lined tray.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Use ½ cup dark chocolate chips
if you don’t want to make raw chocolate.