Deliciously sweet (but secretly packed with veggies) this is perfect for any special occasion. It does take a little preparation time, but believe me – this one is well worth the wait.
- 200g carrot, chopped
- 35g pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground orange peel (optional)
- 10 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50g creamed coconut, warmed
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 1 tsp Natvia (granulated stevia) or raw honey
- Bee pollen
- Crushed pecans
- Dried orange peel
- Dried lavender
- Lime zest
- In a food processor or blender, pulse oats to a fine flour. Add remaining cake ingredients and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by processing cashews and stevia to a fine flour. Add liquid creamed coconut and blend until well combined.
- In a small food stacker or cake tin, spoon in half the cake mixture, top with half the icing mixture, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, add remaining cake mixture and freeze again for 3-4 hours. Remove cake from tin, top with additional icing and decorate as desired.
- Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minus before slicing and serving.
Hi, very keen to make this cake, looks delicious!! This might be a silly question but is creamed coconut the same as a can of coconut cream or is it different?
Not a silly question at all! Creamed coconut is not coconut cream. It’s a thick paste.
I love this one: https://lovingearth.net/whole-ground-coconut-paste-532.html