Deliciously juicy and sweet, poaches pears make a fantastic dessert any night of the week. Cover in a little chocolate and you’ve got a show-stopper fit for entertaining the fussiest of guests.
- 2 small pears
- 40g raw chocolate bar or very dark chocolate (85%)
- ¼ cup crushed almonds
- Peel, halve and core the pears.
- Place in a pan, cover with boiling water and simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- In a ramekin, melt chocolate in microwave or over a double-boiler.
- In another ramekin, add chopped nuts.
- Remove pears and dry with kitchen paper.
- Quickly dip into melted chocolate, and then again into the crushed nuts. Serve immediately.
Substitute almonds for any of your favourite nuts.
Don’t use milk chocolate for this – it’s generally got more sugar and bad fats than dark chocolate.
Read all about how to make your own healthy chocolate with my Chocolate Everyday eBook.