Not only does the Maca powder give this protein shake a lovely caramel flavour, but it increases energy levels too! great if you’ve been working hard in the gym, or just had a long week.
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon stevia (I use Natvia)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ½ cup cottage cheese*
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful of spinach or sorrel leaves
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- In you high-speed blender, blend all ingredients aside from nibs until smooth.
- Stir through nibs, top with a sprig of fresh mint, pour into your favourite jar and enjoy.
Don’t be put off by the cottage cheese – it makes the shake really creamy, adds extra protein and you won’t taste a thing!
*For a dairy-free option, try adding silken tofu instead.