There’s something divine about lemon and pepper together. The zesty flavours are awesome on both seafood and chicken. Here I’ve added a bit of extra spice and paired it with a low-carb rice option for a lean and green dinner.
- 1 organic chicken breast (skin off)
- 1 tsp virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon thyme
- ¼ tsp smokey paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup cauliflower
- ½ cup spinach
- Preheat a frying pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium.
- Roll the chicken breast in the herbs and spices, and squeeze over half the lemon juice.
- Cook the breast for 10 minutes, before flipping and cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add the other half of the lemon to the pan, cut side down.
- Meanwhile, prep the rice by finely shopping or blending the cauliflower to a rice-like texture. Mix through the spinach and dress with additional lemon juice and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and lemon from the pan. Slice the breast on an angle.
- Place the rice mix in a bowl and top with the chicken.
- Serve with charred lemon.