This one is great for a dinner party – make in advance and bake when needed – giving you time to entertain your guests. Serve with freshly steamed vegetables or a basil and spinach salad.
- 500g lean turkey mince
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons dried italian herbs
- 14 sun-dried tomatoes (dry packed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (optional)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, egg, feta, and pepper. Add turkey mince and combine the meat with the crumb mixture using hands. Careful not to overwork the meat.
- Tip meat mixture into a medium loaf tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the top begins to brown and the meat is cooked through.
- Tip out onto a copping board, slice and serve.
Turkey can be substituted for other meat such as lean beef or chicken.