No lean protein gets more respect from me than the humble chicken breast. In addition to being a fat burning powerhouse, each breast contains approximately 27 grams of high-quality protein. These facts need no sweeteners, but drizzled in honey and I’m sold.
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon raw organic honey
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil
For the salad
- ½ small cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
- small piece red chili, chopped
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- ½ ripe peach
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of lambs lettuce, washed
- Pre-heat oven to 180º.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Saute chicken for a few minutes on each side until browned lightly all over.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and coat in honey. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roast for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad by combining cucumber, chili and lime zest.
- Tip peach into another bowl and pour over boiling water. Refresh immediately under a cold tap. Peel, slice and add half to the cucumber and chili.
- Mix in lime juice, honey and oil. Toss with lettuce.
- Slice chicken and serve with salad.
Replace the honey with a few drops of stevia for a lower-carb version.
Try wedges of apple or nectarine when peaches are out of season.