Whip up a clean batch of freshly baked scones without all that flour. Quick and easy to make, these versatile treats can be grabbed for a quick breakfast, or enjoyed slowly with a cup of hot lemon water as an afternoon snack. High tea anyone?
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ripe banana
- Pre-heat oven to 160º.
- In a food processor blend 2½ cups of the oats to a flour.
- Add coconut oil, chia, vanilla, banana, baking soda, cinnamon and honey until a soft dough forms.
- Stir through sultanas and roll dough out to desired thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into scone, then place on a pre-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the remaining oats over the top and pat down.
- Rest for 15 minutes before placing in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before devouring!
Serve with a dollop of thick vanilla yogurt and an extra drizzle of honey.
Sub standard rolled oats with rolled spelt for a delightfully nutty flavour.