Honey and Lemon serve a much better purpose than just a cold remedy, dontcha know? This amazing flavour combo works as a delicious ‘cheesecake’ (minus the cheese) in this dairy and gluten free recipe. Perfect for a special occasion, or just a weekday – with ingredients to healthy, who needs an excuse?!
For the base
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 dates (soaked in 1½ cups of water)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the filling
- 3 cups macadamia nuts, soaked for 1 hour
- ¾ cup good quality honey
- 1 ¼ tablespoons flax meal
- 1 vanilla pod
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¾ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 lemons, zested
- 8 lemons slices
- Dried orange / lemon peel (optional)
- Place the ingredients for the base in a processor and blend to a fine crumb.
- Press into a 23cm spring-form tin or 8 mini loose-bottomed tins (as I have used)
- Place the liquid from the soaked dates in the food processor and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth then pour over the base.
- Chill for approximately 2 hours until set, then garnish before serving.
Serve with coconut cream for an extra treat!
hey there! i don’t have nutmeg , what can i use as a substitute ?
thank you 🙂
You cam omit it or use a little cinnamon x