I love cookies. I love breakfast. It’s a no brainer right?
Okay, so you’re thinking cookies to start the day might not be a top nutritional option, but these are seriously going to trump your cafe-bought alternative. As it turns out they’re gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan too! Make in advance and grab on-the-go for a healthy snack during the week.
The almond meal and seeds pumps up the protein, so they won’t leave you hungry 10 minutes after devouring them!
SERVES: 20 cookies
- ½ cup ground linseed / flaxseed
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (sub extract)
- pinch himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150º.
- Combine linseed, almond meal, cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix through until combined.
- Divide dough into 20 balls and place onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy!
I just made these and they are amazing!! Such a great recipe, and cooked beautifully not crumbly or dry like other recipes I’ve tried
Thanks for the feedback Jess! So glad to hear you over them. They’re one of my morning staples!
I’m confused about the temp for baking
150 seems very low for them to brown
Are you working in Celsius? x
Thank you figured that out after I posted
The cookies were great
I LOVE these, omg! So glad my mum stumbled across this recipe <3
When I try to form balls with the mixture it crumbles
Is there anything I can add to fix this?
Sounds like you need a but more liquid Bec – try a little more coconut oil, maple syrup or a touch of water. x
Great tasty biscuits! How many calories in each biscuit? 🙂
I don’t count calories anymore so not sure on this one – try entering the ingredients into a recipe app lie My Fitness Pal xx
How long would you say these biscuits last in an airtight container?
Also, do you have an Instagram account I can follow?