I love cookies. I love breakfast. It’s a no brainer right?
Okay, so you’re thinking cookies to start the day might not be a top nutritional option, but these are seriously going to trump your cafe-bought alternative. As it turns out they’re gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan too! Make in advance and grab on-the-go for a healthy snack during the week.
The almond meal and seeds pumps up the protein, so they won’t leave you hungry 10 minutes after devouring them!
SERVES: 20 cookies
- ½ cup ground linseed / flaxseed
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (sub extract)
- pinch himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150º.
- Combine linseed, almond meal, cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix through until combined.
- Divide dough into 20 balls and place onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy!