This delicious lunch will keep you satisfied until dinner – a delicious mix of satiating good carbs and fats (lentils and olive oil / walnuts / cheese), with plenty of fresh greens thrown in for good measure. Goats cheese is the perfect cheese to select if you’re cleaning up your diet. It’s creamy, comparatively low in kilojoules, and has no added nasties. Whip this up in under 10 minutes.
- 1 cup dried green, brown, or French lentils
- 2 cups water
- 60g fresh goats cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- 8 pre-cooked fresh baby beets
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly wash lentils and add to a small saucepan with water.
- Bring to a fast simmer over a medium-high heat, then reduce to a gentle bubble.
- Cook uncovered, for 20-30 minutes until tender. Add additional water as needed to ensure lentils are just covered.
- Strain lentils, stir through spinach and divide between two bowls.
- Top with onion and fresh baby beets and crumble over walnuts and goats cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve warm with salt and pepper to taste.