Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein and are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. Whip up this Green Eggs recipe for a quick and satisfying lunch in under ten minutes, and supercharge your way through the afternoon.
- 5 free range organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, to serve
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice capsicum and roughly chop basil and spinach leaves.
- Steam broccolini stems for four minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, yoghurt, milk and seasoning until combined.
- Heat a frying pan over a low heat.
- Fry capsicum for three minutes (no oil required), then add chopped spinach and basil until wilted, reserving a little for garnishing.
- Pour over egg mixture and stir until cook through.
- Serve between two bowls, top with sliced avocado, remaining basil and spinach, steamed brocollini, and a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.