Admittedly jumping on the turmeric bandwagon, golden milk is such a delish snack on its own. This is one of my favourite time-saving recipes – just double the golden milk recipe and stir in some chia seeds – BOOM. Instant nourishing brekkie for the week ahead. Healthy fast and protein from chia seeds make for an awesome start to your day. They’re also packed with fibre to keep your tummy happy too. Win win.
- 2 cups of almond milk or additive-free coconut milk (I love a mix of the two!)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric – ground or freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (to increase absorption)
- ¼ tsp ginger – ground or freshly grated
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 10 strawberries, hulled
- coconut flakes and micro mint or lemon balm to serve (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth or whisk together well in a small bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and mix, then refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until the porridge has thickened.
- Pour into your favourite bowls and top with strawberries, coconut and micro herbs.