A deliciously satisfying gluten-free loaf, full of wholesome ingredients. Skip the store-bought stuff for a happier tummy, and have this on your table within the hour. Top with a thin spread of goats cheese or freshly mashed avocado and a slice of smoked salmon for a delicious lunch.
SERVES: 1 loaf
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup psyllium husk
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 170º
- In a bowl mix together almond meal, psyllium husk, buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Chop the spinach, and add to a skillet with mushrooms, onion and a splash of water (no oil needed).
- Fry for 5 minutes until onions and mushrooms have softened, and spinach has wilted.
- Add the to the flour mix with the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon mix into a loaf tin, and bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through
- Allow to cool before slicing
Sprinkle top with pumpkin and chia seeds for a crunchy top.