Delicious on it’s own, or an impressive accompaniment to cold meats, tarts, and quiches, this one will become your winter staple. It’s packed with anti-oxidants to keep your skin glowing. Red cabbage is also high in potassium – tuck into it after a workout to help reduce muscle soreness.
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 4 semi-dried tomatos
- 1 small beetroot, grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp stevia / rice malt syrup / honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive or walnut oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, add the salad ingredients (aside form the spinach) and toss.
- In a small jun, mix the dressing ingredients until well combined, and pour over salad.
- Massage for 5 minutes, then leave to marinate for 10 minutes. The cabbage will begin to soften a little.
- Before serving, add the spinach leave and toss again.
- Enjoy on it’s own, or top with poached chicken and a sprinkling of spiced nuts.
Tip: To make this festive, simply add some chopped walnuts and dried cranberries.