Not only is this creamy mushroom soup low in calories, it’s full of protein to keep you satisfied for longer. Use any in-season mushrooms for that deliciously earthy flavour.
- 150g silken tofu
- 400g mushrooms, washed and thickly sliced
- 3 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil
- In a large pan, melt the coconut oil, adding onions and garlic and stirring until fragrant and soft.
- Add mushrooms and stock, bringing to the boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding tofu, then blending using a stick blender until smooth.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and serve!
Tofu is a fantastic way of adding creamy texture to any soup without adding hundreds of empty calories. The protein in tofu will ensure you stay fuller for longer too!
If you have the time, try roasting the garlic cloves in the oven (skin on) for 30 minutes until soft and caramelised – it gives the soup a more robust flavour.