Uh oh. I think I just created the worlds best raw, high protein, clean cookie dough bites! Soft, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. These are on par with a just-baked Mrs Fields choc-chip cookie. It’s a big call, but I’ve made it. You have to make these to believe it. I can’t be held responsible of you eat them all in one sitting!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 heaped tbsp coffee or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water
- 2 tablespoons date water
- ½ cup peanut flour
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 chocolate protein bar (chopped)
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs
- Rub chickpeas between two paper towels to remove the skins and add them to a food processor with the protein powder, peanut flour, salt and coconut sugar.
- Pulse until well combined, then add dates, vanilla and stevia.
- Add reserved date water a little at a time, until mixture holds when pinched between your fingers.
- Remove dough to a bowl, add cacao nibs and chopped protein bar, and knead until well combined.
- Roll into balls and enjoy!
Chickpeas are relatively high in (good) carbs, so these are the perfect post-workout snack to rebuild your muscles. However, don’t eat too many late at night, or your body will store those carbs as fat for use at a later date.