Coconut flour is made from dried coconut meat. Due to its numerous health benefits, light coconut flavour and airy texture, coconut flour is making its way into my morning pancakes. It’s gluten free and seriously high in fibre – great news for tummies!
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon plain greek yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons cacao nibs
- In a bowl, combine dry batter ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Heat coconut oil in a shallow frying pan and spoon in ¼ of the batter.
- Flip when the edged begin to bubble and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place on a warm plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, mix chocolate drizzle ingredients together until smooth.
- Stack pancakes, pour over drizzle, garnish and serve.
Enjoy with some coconut yoghurt and fresh berries for extra yumminess!