Quinoa is one of the highest protein-rich foods you can eat and contains twice as much fibre as most other grains, helping you stay fuller for longer. Skip the usual oats for this delicious superfood porridge and please your sweet tooth at the same time!
- ½ cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons raw coconut sugar or stevia (I use Natvia)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ½ tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Unsweetened shredded coconut and additional chopped pistachios to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk until just boiled, then add quinoa and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, then remove from heat and stir through remaining ingredients.
- Garnish and serve warm.
If you’re not a lover of pistachios, try stirring through fresh raspberries instead and topping with a few toasted almonds.