One of my all-time favourite flavour combos, chocolate and peanut butter. These pancakes are gluten, dairy and sugar free, which means I can enjoy them a little more regularly.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp granulated stevia
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond milk
- coconut oil, for fryingFor the peanut sauce:
- 2 tbsp crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oilToppings:
- Cacao Nibs
- In a bowl, mix the flours, cacao, stevia, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and crack in the egg, then pour in the milk whilst stirring the batter together.
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil over a medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, pour in the batter to create a pancake around 6cm wide. Fill the base of the pan with as many pancakes as possible without letting the batters touch.
- Cook for a few minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the top of the batter.
- Flip, and cook for an additional few minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Repeat until the batter used up.
- Make the sauce by heating the coconut oil and peanut butter over a low heat in a small pan, mixing well.
- Stack the pancakes and pour over the sauce, topping with peanuts and nibs.
Great post, looks great!