These healthy chocolate cups take less than a minute to create and will make your dinner guests green with envy. You can prepare these in advance and keep in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. Fill with your favourite seasonal fruit and serve to the table of your adoring guests.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 8 teaspoons raw organic cocoa
- 4-6 drops liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons raw honey / maple syrup / coconut nectar
- ½ cup fresh seasonal fruit
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Divide coconut oil into two silicone cupcake cases and melt in the microwave.
- In each cup, stir in half the cocoa and sweetener until a thick paste forms.
- If a little runny, add a touch more cocoa.
- Using the back of a teaspoon, pull the mixture up the side of the cups – ensuring equal thickness all the way around.
- Freeze until solid (approx 40 minutes), then carefully remove chocolate cup if desired from silicone case and fill with fruit – chopped if necessary.
- Top with a sprig of mint and serve.
I like to serve mine in the silicone cups for extra colour on the plate.
Add a dollop of nut butter to the bottom of the frozen cups before adding fruit for an extra-rich treat.