You would be forgiven for thinking this velvety smooth chocolate cream would wreak havoc with your clean eating goals. However, this guilt free alternative is actually full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory mono-saturated fats. It’s versatile too: try it spread on your favourite toast, use as a clean cake frosting or even fruit dip. Teamed with a layer of simple cherry Chia Jam, this will become a new favourite for entertaining. Impressive, simple and downright delicious.
- Combine avocado, cacao, sweeter of choice, vanilla, banana and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 90 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- In the base of a glass or jar, spoon in 1/4 of the chia jam then top with mousse.
- Repeat with 3 remaining glasses.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Make variations using cinnamon, espresso or natural peppermint flavouring.
Add 1 scoop chocolate protein powder to the mousse for a post-workout indulgence.
Add a dash of water or almond milk to make a lighter mousse.