Everybody gets a sweet tooth now and again. I’ll admit that mine rears its head more than most, which is why I like to find healthy ways of satisfying it, so that I don’t pile on the pounds. We all know that sugar makes us fat, so portion control and relying on natural sugars is a must when it comes to the sweet stuff. These little guys are a perfect balance of good fats and carbs – awesome post workout with a shake to help your body synthesise the protein, but also a fantastic little dessert for when you need a quick sweet hit.
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 5 walnut halves
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp stevia (like Natvia)
- Cut the banana into 5 coins. Top each coin with a walnut half.
- Mix together the stevia, cacao and coconut oil until smooth.
- Drizzle with chocolate to set in fridge for 5 minutes until chocolate hardens.
Why not try these as canapés at your next party?
Make them child friendly by skipping the walnut and replacing with a sugar-free marshmallow.
Go easy on the handfuls of walnuts when snacking. While they have amazing properties and should be included in your diet, each half has approximately 14 calories – twice that of an almond. Try to stick to a small handful at a time.